WESTEST operates two environmental chambers at its Humboldt station that can generate extreme temperatures ranging from -50º C to + 60º C for various tests. The chambers can be used for a number of tests including engine cold starts, vehicle heating/air conditioning, defroster, reduced temperature component operation, and calibration of temperature sensitive equipment.
- Dimensions: 13.3m long x 5.7m wide x 5.5m high with a large 4.3m wide x 4.9m high door.
- Mechanical specifications: Three 30 hp two-stage refrigeration systems capable of bringing the room to -50°C and heating equipment capable of raising room temperature to +40°C.
- Capacity: Can accommodate vehicles such as commercial buses, armoured personnel carriers, or other large equipment.
- Other: Computerized control of chamber temperature and humidity including programmable setpoints with scheduled ramping.
- Dimensions: 8.8m long x 5.8m wide x 4.6m high with a 4.3m wide x 3.7m high door
- Mechanical specifications: Three 20 hp refrigeration systems capable of bringing the room temperature to -35°C and heating equipment capable of raising room temperature to +60°C.
- Capacity: Can accommodate vehicles such as ambulance, tractors and similar equipment.
(Click for information on extreme temperature testing services.)