Seat & Seat Belt Anchorage Testing
Proper seat and seat belt anchorage testing is important for adhering to several Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS) and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). In addition, identifying possible failure points and recommending design improvements can help manufacturers reduce risk. We have static load fixtures and equipment ready to test your vehicle.
- CMVSS 207 Anchorage of Seats: establishes requirements for seats, their attachment assemblies, and their installation to minimize the possibility of their failure by forces acting on them as a result of vehicle impact.
- CMVSS 210 Seat Belt Anchorages: is to be used for demonstrating compliance with the requirements of section 210 of Schedule IV to the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations.
- FMVSS 207 Seating Systems: establishes requirements for seats, their attachment assemblies, and their installation to minimize the possibility of their failure by forces acting on them as a result of vehicle impact.
- FMVSS 210 Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages: establishes requirements for seat belt assembly anchorages to insure their proper location for effective occupant restraint and to reduce the likelihood of their failure.
- Don't see a Standards Test you require? We've done hundreds of these tests and are able to set up and customize our static load fixtures to accommodate a wide range of standards. Contact us for help.
Since 1991, WESTEST has been performing seat and seat belt anchorage testing. Our technicians have ample hands-on experience, providing you with reliable and accurate results to make proper business decisions.
Click the links for specs and details